|I am a Software Business Consultant based in London. My focus is on the business side of the software development. To do this often means addressing the technical side, I am fortunate to have a number of very talented associates who help with specific technologies.|
I started my career coding (Pascal, C++, C, Java), after a sojourn in Silicon Valley I returned to London and realised I could fix the code problems. The more significant problems were what we were building and how we were building. That led me to an MBA, Patterns, Product Management, Agile and writing two books.
- What I do
- Upcoming events and speaking engagements
- Past events and links to presentations, recordings, etc. (a long list)
- My history (more about me)
This is my personal site. If you are interested in Agile training, coaching or consulting please see the Software Strategy site.
- A full list of agile training courses and dates for public deliveries are listed on the Software Strategy site.
- Advice on Agile and Business strategy - coaching and consulting - is also listed on the Software Strategy site
Xanpan - the book - read more about Xanpan
- Business Patterns for Software Developers is now available and can be purchased from the publishers (John Wiley & Sons), Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com (the best for reviews), Ozon and other sites. Earlier versions of these patterns are can be read on this site under business patterns.
- Changing Software Development: Learning to be Agile was published by John Wiley and Sons in January 2008.
Work in progress... 50 Shades of Scrum
Business Patterns for Software Developers micro-site
Also.... Agile Reader is a mini-book intended for attendees on Software Strategy training courses. It is not in its 3rd edition and is available in printed or e-book formats
- Agile Software Development
- Software Development Management
- Design Patterns
- Technical aspects of software development;
- Encapsulated Context design pattern was included in Pattern Languages of Program Design (volume 5)
And I am the creator of Retrospective Dialogue Sheets.
My blog allan's blog is here.
e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter, @allankelly.net.